Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Windows, All of Them

We've got some classy windows in this here house. 

BOOM! Feast your eyes on these pretties. They have custom moving blanket insulation to keep the outside from blowing in. They don't close, because they are windows, they bring the outside in and how can they do their job if they were closed, duh. How about those fierce shades we have on the left window. I'm just bummed they are a one of a kind and not on all the windows. I particularly like the door to the right with the trash bag and tape transom. And who could deny the added security of a padlocked gate over a first rate plywood slab bolted into the opening. Who else has such a one of a kind beauty? No one, I tell you! But alas, it is time to bid these beauties a fond adieu and pricing them out has given me a mild aneurysm. 


While I bid out the project to a few other window installers I'll be pondering prettier and less costly projects. I know that paint comes at the end of the renovation, but thinking about that part of the project is calming rather than frustrating. 

Here's what I have so far:
Kitchen tile with Restoration Hardware Right White on cabinetry. Restoration Hardware Silver Sage for kitchen, living and dining room. 

Restoration Hardware Glacier on top or Pale Silver on bottom for bathrooms. 

Restoration Hardware Bay Laurel on top orSea Green for master bedroom. Wood trim as shown.  

I've decided on the hall color, vestibule color, and the second bedroom will most likely be which ever green doesn't get painted in the master bedroom. The second floor unit will be painted in some neutral tried and true paint colors that I've used several times before.

But for now, I'm getting back on track and working on bidding out our window project.

No comments:

Post a Comment