Monday, February 16, 2015

Moving In

I walked up to our new home, keys in one hand, tub of cleaning supplies in the other, filled with determination and excitement. It was a balmy 9 degrees outside as I opened the first set of doors. Then the snags started to trickle in. As I stood in the vestibule trying all 9 keys, I thought to myself, "Gee that lock looks really new". Turns out, the only person who had a copy of the key was the upstairs tenant. It was really new. As I waited the 45min for the lock smith to arrive, I got a good look at my first set of projects to tackle. Honestly, the vestibule is the only room I clearly remember from any of my other times in the building. Turns out, it may be in the best shape. I was excited to see the paint flaking off with previously varnished woodwork aching to be revealed. The cute tile entry will take a little mending, but nothing too messy.


What I wasn't prepared for, other than my 4 hour cleaning that didn't seem to make a difference, was the lack of a kitchen range. I honestly can't recall if the damned thing was there during the walk through. I'm starting to think that I may be in shock.



On the up side, we were planning on purchasing new appliances for the 2nd floor apartment, so the new fridge, range and dishwasher that we threw down for will be put to good use. Eight Lowe's gift cards, free President's Day shipping, and a slightly lighter wallet later, I've got a brand spankin' new set of kitchen appliances. It will be great to use a fridge that doesn't have a bubble wrap Macgyver seal to keep the cold air in (thanks old apartment). 


No comments:

Post a Comment